Friday, December 2, 2011

Honeybutter

This week Kristen and I made honeybutter. The recipe came from a girl in our ward called Missy Babcock. If you live in Rexburg, you have to know how to make honeybutter. It was a feature at a popular restaurant when I went to college here, when my children went to college here, and probably still is today. Anyway I am glad to have this recipe and I'm glad to pass it on. It is an easy 1-2-3 recipe.


Honeybutter

1 cup butter (softened)
2/3 c. honey
3/4 c. powdered sugar
(we added 1/2 tsp. cinnamon but you can experiment with your own ideas. I wanted to try some strawberry jam that didn't set up.)
Mix and serve on scones (If you're in a hurry just fry some unbaked bread dough on a skillet. Even easier, use Rhodes bread dough found in the grocery store.), toast or warmed (in the microwave) rolls.

No comments: