Friday, December 9, 2011

Fried Rice

This week Kristen and I made fried rice which she said her husband was looking forward to. I think I have posted this recipe before but I will include instructions here as a refresher. I like this recipe. Besides tasting good, it is a good way to use leftovers.

FRIED RICE

In a large skillet, saute in vegetable oil, chopped (small, about 1/4" or so)onions, celery, shredded carrots and leftover meat (diced). I have used chicken, turkey, ham and bacon. I imagine other meats would work if you want to try them. When heated add cooked rice (at least two cups. There are no measurements in this recipe because it just depends on your taste and what you have available.) Add a little more oil if rice sticks to the pan. Flavor with 1-2 T. of soy sauce. Be careful not to add too much as this will make the dish too salty. (I usuually set the soy sauce on the table so individuals can add more if they want it. I have also added frozen peas and bits of scrambled egg.
This can be tailored to suit your families' circumstances and likes or dislikes.

No comments: