Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Summer Salad

Today Hailey and I made a macaroni salad. I could not find the recipe so this is totally from memory but it smelled and tasted the same as I remember it. Also, I have always made it with alphabet pasta but Ralph couldn't find it in any of our grocery stores here. Maybe they don't make it any more so we used the small shell shaped pasta and it worked out just fine.

MACARONI SALAD

1 bag small pasta ( Alphabet or small shells work.)
1 can small shrimp
3 0r 4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
Other vegetables to your liking
I used chopped cucumber (I think this one is especially tasty).
I also used onion (green onions or a regular onion, chopped very fine,
You can use vegetables to your liking such as chopped celery, sliced radishes, etc.
You can also add black olives or small cubes of cheese, if desired.
Thw dressing is easy. I just use about 1 cup of Best Foods (Not Miracle Whip) mayonaise with a few squirts of Louisiana Hot Sauce in it. This does not make it spicy hot but just brings out the flavor. Mix ingredients well and serve chilled at your next barbecue or picnic.

No comments: