Saturday, January 31, 2009

Being Patient

It's still January, there's still a lot of snow in the back yard, and I still haven't learned how to put pictures on my BLOG. My computer battery died two weeks ago and really messed things up on my computer. Ralph ordered a new battery off the internet and I think thngs are back to normal now. I guess patience is the lesson I have to learn because I have been given lots of chances to practice lately.
We are looking forward to President's Day. Ben and family are scheduled to make a trip to the cabin. He has some work issues that might interfere but Sara and family plan to come then too. I am glad our children like this area because I truly enjoy seeing them instead of the obligatory visit to see "the folks". Maybe there is a little of that, I don't know. A few years ago, before we lived in Rexburg, we were playing a game where you to tell everyone where you would like to live most in the whole woeld. I was surprised when one of our daughters said, "Rexburg, Idaho"
Tomorrow we might make a quick trip to the cabin just to check on things. Last night was "date night". Ralph brings home fast food every Friday night and we watch a movie together. Last night we watched "In Search of the Castaways", a favorite movie from my childhood. It was a real "blast from the past" for me and Ralph liked it so much he ordered one online so we could have a copy for the grandkids either here or at the cabin
Today Ralph is working on our new room over the garage. We both find it helps to spend time on things that distract us from the problems of real life. Then we can deal with 'real life" and its imperfections without becoming too bitter. Ralph has a colleague that just moved here from Nampa. They were talking yesterday about how the Lord blesses us in ways we can't magine to help us deal with our trials. Though I had a hard time at first considering moving to Rexburg as a blessing, I can now see many blessings living here in Rexburg.
If you are still with me, thanks for putting up with my random ramblings. At least when I wrote letters only a few people had to endure my thoughts written down.

No comments: