Monday, June 2, 2008

The cabin - again

We went up to the cabin again this weekend. There were glacier lillies everywhere and hardly any snow. Ralph picked two yellow frittilary and a glacier lilly from the field behind our cabin and put them in one of the tiny vases for our table. He also brought up two matching pots for our front step which is finally clear of snow. I think pansies would look nice and they withstand the cold pretty well. We spent most of the time with Ralph's Mom and Dad, Ralph's Dad looks very good. He still gets tired easily and has to go back to Colorado next week for another treatment.
I wasn't feeling too good and all that comes with that so I was pretty much a bump on the couch which isn't too much different than usual. I did read some interesting books on lives of the orophets and the U.S. presidents. I think we are going up again this week because Ralph didn't get much done on his summer project. He also has some cabin projects he wants to do before the WallyPlant Family reunion which is on June 29. Ralph did move our little pot-bellied stove back in and it looks perfect against the rock wall.
Sorry this is kind of a boring, ordinary entry but I guess we live boring, ordinary lives.

2 comments:

Emily Kern said...

I love reading about your boring, ordinary lives! Keep posting. We are very excited about the reunion. By the way, I was just going over the yellow reunion letter and realized that we forgot to send "What we want our children to know about Wally and Irene Plant" to you. Is it too late, or do we still have time? See you later.

Marilyn said...

Connie, I really love your blog. It gives me a good guidline to do for my own. I was up to the cabin this week, and am amazed at how much you guys have done! Hope to see you soon! love ya, Marilyn