Friday, February 18, 2011

FRIED CHICKEN

Stephanie and I made Oven-baked fried chicken this week. I like this recipe because it is not greasy, it is good hot or cold, it doesn't make a "grease splatter mess" in your kitchen, and it is as easy to make for 3 or 23. I think I posted this recipe last year but here it is again in case you missed it.

OVEN FRIED CHICKEN

1 c. flour
1 T. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. paprika
1 cut up chicken
1/4 c. good quality oil

Put flour in a strong paper bag. (I use a gallon-size plastic zip-lock). Add salt, pepper and paprika. Pour oil on cookie sheet and tip to coat pan. Can be heated if desired. Shake rinsed chicken pieces in bag to coat. Put coated chicken pieces in oil skin side down then turn over skin side up. Sprinkle chicken with Savor salt or Season-all. Put in 400 degree oven for 15 min. Then turn oven down to 350 degrees and bake 30 min. longer.

No comments: