Wednesday, March 31, 2010

PIZZA

Today Hailey and I made home-made pizza. I used to make it a lot when my family was younger but now getting a pizza is a nice break from making dinner so I don't make home-made pizza. However this is an easy recipe and a good one to have in your arsenal.

HOME-MADE PIZZA

1 c. hot water (too hot will kill the yeast, so not much over 120 degrees)
1 T. yeast (I like SAF-Instant yeast)
1 tsp. sugar sprinked over water and yeast

When yeast mixture is foamy add:

1 tsp. salt
3 T. oil
3-31/2 c. flour

Mix into a ball and let rise until double. Roll dough into a pizza shape about 1/4" thick. Add toppings to raw dough.
One can tomato sauce
sprinkle with Italian seasoning or basil and oregano
Top with your choice of toppings, browned ground beef, black olives, or mushrooms etc. I like thinly sliced ham (I use deli meat) and pineapple (not the unsweetened kind.)
Sprinkle grated cheese over all. I use mozzarella or Italian blend from the store.
Bake in a hot oven.( at least 475 degrees) until crust is browned and cheese is melted.
I use a round pizza pan but I have a friend who bakes her pizzas on oven-safe dinner plates.

No comments: