Sunday, March 6, 2011

3 BEAN CASSEROLE

This week we made 3 Bean Casserole. This is a hearty and good tasting dish which is easy to make. I used to make it when I was assigned to take a meal to someone. I had a friend whosehusband was out of work for many weeks. She was thankful for every one's generosity but confessed that she was really tired of turkey. This casserole avoids many specific food allergies, tastes and other idiosyncracies and tastes good too. When I tasted it recently, it was just as good as I remembered it.

3 BEAN CASSEROLE

2 #303 cans pork 'n' beans. drained
1 #303 can red kidney beans, drained
1 #303 can small lima beans, drained
1 lb. hamburger browned witth
1/2 c. diced onion
1/4 lb. bacon, cut in 1 inch pieces
Add: 1/2 c. ketchup
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 T worcestershire
Mix all ingredients andi smmer for 1 hour on stove ( The recipe says you can bake it in a 350 degree oven for two hours but I have never tried this.)

Add some bread and butter, a salad or fruit and you have a meal.

No comments: