Friday, September 17, 2010

Peach Jello Dessert

August was a busy month so instead of trying to catch up I will just start with the recipe we made this week. This is a dessert using peaches that is a little different than the usual and quite refreshing.

PEACH JELLO DESSERT

1. Make a crust in a 9x13 pan. Press into pan and chill 15 minutes.

2. Beat 8 oz. package cream cheese (I used Neufchatel cheese. It is lighter and has fewer calories.) with 1/4 c. sugar. Gradually beat in 1/4 c. milk. Fold in 3 1/2 c. whipped topping and spread over crumb crust. Top with 4-6 peeled, sliced, fresh peaches and return to fridge.

3. Dissolve 1-4 oz. pkg. peach jello in 3/4 c. boiling water. Combine ice cubes and 1/2 c. cold water to make 1 1/4 cups. Add to jello,stirring until slightly thickened. Remove any unmelted ice. Gently spoon jello over peaches. Chill until firm about 3 hours. Cut into squares to serve. Makes about 12 servings.

1 comment:

SKH said...

Hey mom, I made this a few months ago planning to post it on my food blog. I took a couple pictures but never posted so I am going to put it on yours and copy it to yum-o food. Thanks for the post!